Comparing hosting plans and companies for your new website can be a daunting task! I can feel you, as I was in the same spot a few years ago. But it’s your lucky day today as you have landed at the most exclusive and unbiased review of the two hosting giants Hostinger Vs Godaddy.
I will be covering everything in detail so that you can resonate and compare each feature with your requirements. Obviously, we have a clear winner here, but some of the factors can actually have a massive impact on your business.
Without any further ado, let’s dig deep into each factor and extensive review of Hostinger Vs. GoDaddy.
Plans and pricing
Plans and pricing are some of the most significant factors that customers consider while choosing a hosting plan. There are basic facts and differences between both the companies which will help you better understand the situation.
Fact – GoDaddy is a large corporation compared to Hostinger as it has been ruling the hosting markets for many years. But this does not mean that GoDaddy provides superior plans and services; in fact, new companies provide better offers and services. Let’s analyze more before you make a decision.
In terms of pricing, GoDaddy and hostinger offer almost similar pricing structures for most of the plans, but the difference lies in the features. Here is a comparison of the standard features of both the companies.
Hostinger vs Godaddy
|Free Domain Name||No||Yes||With the annual plan||With the annual plan|
|RAM||256 MB||512 MB||512 MB||512 MB|
|Free SSL||With the annual plan||With the annual plan||No||No|
|Disk Space||10 GB||20 GB||100 GB||Unlimited|
|Free Automatic Backups||No||Weekly||No||No|
|Number of Websites||1||Unlimited||1||Unlimited|
The main points to consider after reading and analyzing the chart are that for basic plans, hostinger is a clear winner. One of the most essential requirements of any new website is an SSL certificate.
I am sure you would not like your website to show not secure whenever anyone lands on it. Also, the SSL certificate is essential from an SEO perspective. Hostinger provides a free SSL certificate while buying for at least 12 months, whereas you have to pay for the same thing on GoDaddy.
When you talk about the companies’ extensive plans, they offer a lot of deals and features which are pretty much similar. Hostinger is advanced in this aspect as well as it provides cloud hosting also.
WordPress for Hostinger Vs GoDaddy
Most of the users reading this post will be planning to host their website using WordPress. WordPress is the most popular and efficient CMS and currently hosts more than 30% of websites online. Let us discuss the key factors that differentiate the two WordPress Hosting providers –
- The number of websites – WordPress hosting by hostinger gives you the option to host unlimited websites, which is not the case with GoDaddy. No matter how big the plan of GoDaddy you choose, you will be able to install one WordPress, which is a limiting factor for bloggers and every business owner as you can achieve a lot with multiple websites.
- Support – Everyone faces a lot of issues whenever you start building or operating your website. These issues pop up from time to time, and you require assistance in such a case. Hostinger is this case that offers 24×7 support covering all problems. On the other hand, GoDaddy sells WordPress support plans, which are expensive and annoying for website owners.
- Other necessary facilities like one-click WordPress install and configuration are available with both the companies.
As we have ascertained that Hostinger is a better option in WordPress’s case, here is a detailed guide to installing WordPress to give you an idea of the process.
How to install WordPress in Hostinger
Hostinger gives you all the options to install WordPress according to your requirements. It is one of the most WordPress friendly hosting providers. In this section, I will be discussing the easiest and the most used method using the Auto-installer.
If you want to install WordPress manually, locally or using Wampserver, please refer to this article:
For the Auto-install process, please follow the following steps –
- Step 1 – After you have bought your plan, log in to your account, and select Hosting from the top menu.
- Step 2 – You will be able to see the attached domains on the page; Click the Manage button in front of it and select Auto-installer in the website section.
- Step 3 – Click on WordPress from the available options.
- Step 4 – Fill all the required information on the page, including your Username, Password, and E-mail.
- Step 5 – Make sure to select the correct option between http and https and domain. After filling the information, click on Install to Start Installing.
- Step 6 – After some processing, WordPress will be installed, and you can access it using the first option. You also get to see the possibilities of checking details and deleting your website.
As you just read, installing WordPress is pretty straightforward and involves a few minutes of your time.
Security is the top priority for every website owner in the world. You need to make sure that all your information is safe, and you are protected from hacking attacks on your website. I have included this section mainly because of reports of GoDaddy accounts being hacked again in May itself.
Hostinger provides advanced security features for every customer, which prevents hackers from attacking their websites. These features cover most of the security features as required by sites.
Similar security features in GoDaddy can only be availed after paying an extra amount of money. These features and additions are costly and are a significant problem with GoDaddy.
Technology and hosting networks used
There is a significant difference in the underlying technology used by the two companies.
Hostinger uses the traditional Data Centers which are controlled and managed by Hostinger. To serve customers all over the world, these have been placed at –
GoDaddy, on the other hand, has outsourced all their hosting networks to Amazon AWS. This particular fact has both advantages and problems. Benefits are in terms of speed because you usually get faster speeds with GoDaddy.
The problem lies in outages and the servers being down. This has happened many times and resulted in significant websites being down globally. You cannot directly access your server’s status, whereas, in Hostinger, you can check the status.
I would like to speak about support from my personal experience. Hands down, Hostinger is better in terms of support as I have always received a solution from their support team within hours. GoDaddy also solves all the queries, but it takes time, and you can feel the difference from the communication with support executives.
According to personal experiences and research done about reviews on the majority of the platforms, it is evident that Hostinger is the clear winner among the hostinger vs godaddy. Some of the places where hostinger is clearly better are –
- Support system
- The option of multiple websites
- SSL certificate
- Hosting networks
Did You know You can start email markerting for free ?
Just like the research about the companies, I have also searched the best offers on hosting plans from Hostinger.
To Your Success
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Hostinger secure?
Hostinger provides a free SSL certificate with their annual membership, whereas you have to pay for the same thing on GoDaddy.
Is Hostinger good for WordPress?
Hostinger gives you all the options to install WordPress according to your requirements. It is one of the most WordPress-friendly hosting providers.
Where can I host my WordPress website?
If you want to install WordPress manually, locally, or using Wampserver, please refer to this article
Hostinger vs Godaddy?
according to personal experiences and research have done about reviews on the majority of the platforms, it is evident that Hostinger is a winner in hosting vs Godaddy.
- 10 Best Free Blogging Sites in 2023 (to Build a Blog for Free)
- Top 10 Best WordPress Plugins in 2022
- Project Planning Techniques and Tools
- Product Life cycle
- Choosing the Right Facebook Campaign Objective
- Hostinger Vs GoDaddy
- How To Start Email Marketing For Free
- Facebook Advertising Terms You Need to Know